How to fix ruined iPhone by iOS 8 update?
- You can download the final build of iOS 8 as an IPSW file, which is an official copy from Apple. There’s one version for the iPhone 6 and another for the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Once the file is downloaded, plug in your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus into your computer and open iTunes.
- Under “Backup Options,” select “This Computer” and “Backup Now.” This will back up all the content on your phone, including photos, messages, contacts, and more. You’ll need to restore this after you install the iOS 8 IPSW file on your phone.
- Once your phone is backed up, you’ll need to click the restore option. If you’re using a Windows computer, hold down the Shift key and press Restore. If you’re on a Mac, hold down the Alt key and press Restore.
- From there, you’ll be able to select the IPSW file for your phone and follow the prompts.
- Once the file is installed on your phone, it will completely wipe the device clean and revert it back to iOS 8. After that process is completed, select “Restore Backup” in iTunes to restore all the data you just backed up before installing the IPSW file.